Hello,

I'm very new in the PICO-8 world. I found this beautiful world while googling around and now I have some questions for which I didn't find any answer yet!
I'm a musician and for my main project we decided to build a micro-tamagotchi, it's gonna be both merchandise and a part of our next videoclip. I gathered a lot of informations in the past weeks, I bought a Raspberry Pico and a Pimoroni LCD Display with four buttons. What I need to do in short is very simple, I guess: I would like to flash a cartridge on the Raspberry Pico with a Pimoroni display mounted on the Pico headers so I can play standalone.
Now I'm stuck because every piece of useful information I found says to download the PICO-8 versione in the download page on my profile. I bought a PICO-8 license a week ago BEFORE creating my account (which was created today). If I try to redeem my key in the download section the website responds that the key is not valid.
Can someone help me figure out what I need in order to properly boot a cartridge on my Raspberry Pico?
For now I just want to boot someone else's game and test the feel of playing on such a tiny device.
After that I will prototype the whole console and I will figure out what I need to do in order to get a battery on the console, just to play it without a cable connected.
Thank you in advance for the help, this looks like a fantastic community <3

P#96482 2021-08-26 10:36

You've got an email with your key for pico-8 right where you downloaded it from initially. I think you can go to your profile and enter the key there.

From then on the you should be able to download from the page you mentioned.

P#96486 2021-08-26 11:10

Ok, thank you. I found the Raspberry image for PICO-8 and flashed it on the Raspberry PICO, the problem is that once the upload finishes if I unplug the Pico device everything disappears from the folder except INDEX.HTML and INFO_UF2.TXT...
Am I doing something wrong?

P#96488 2021-08-26 11:22 ( Edited 2021-08-26 11:39)

The raspberry pico is a micro-controller, it can run specifically compiled code or Python programs.

PICO-8 is meant to run on a computer with an operating system, for example a raspberry pi.

P#96494 2021-08-26 14:45

[Please log in to post a comment]