Hi, This is my game Squid Defense that (originally for V1.) I spent a little over 8 days working on!
I spent forever trying to make sure it was perfect, but it has some bugs and annoying things to it but I hope it's still fun still. : )
(Might update this later, IDK.)
Try to defend the Beachball by shooting various sea creatures with ink! (ink has limited use with quick recharge.)
your ball has 4hp and it heals by 1hp at the end of a wave.
Also watch out for the ever changing tide, it might make you rethink how you need to play!
The # of stars after a map's name show the difficulty of that map, every map has 20 waves see if you can beat them!
(Feel free to share your scores and let me know! : P)
Thanks for checking this out and have fun!
left,right / move
Z shoot ink
- menuitems (resetsavedata, endgame)
[The following list may have spoilers! you have been warned!]
Hey it's a cute squid that has massive destructive capabilities,
Nothing bad about that! ~bloop~
These may seem like tiny octopuses BUT DON'T BE FOOLED!
they are tiny starfish and they will attempt to ruin your day!
Prickly fellows that will pop your balloon if you don't watch out!
(They also hurt to step on, don't do it)
They may just be flopping around now but they will swim; and surf like crazy if they get in water!
SHHHhhoooowwwwshshshshHshh!! uhmm.. anyways watch out for them they won't even go after the ball they will just chase you down!
Watch out! they might be one of the fastest foes due to their insane jumping ability,
didn't know that jelly tentacles were that strong!
Ummm your on your own here.. They are the most formidable creature known in all of the sea!
Just uhh run?
- uploaded to BBS.
- settings carry over through reset
added old vers to bbs thread
Bug/Nonbug fixes and code changes (Note: there might be some things I miss.)
- Removed the "hard" mobs spawns that didn't work (crabs had special spawn points.) (removed that spawn flag stuff)
- Redid some resetgame stuff (got rid of resetfade(). )
- Fixed map geometry making enemies in the bottom left of Cavern ★★ get stuck forever.
- removed transparent gray pal swap for space
- changed settings stuff for the fix for settings
- combined ink effects for certain mobs into one func for space
- mob's deathtimer var changed to be nil till dead to save space
- canged the msg for ending a game with the menuitem when Freeplay is set to true to be the same as not. (It was a bit rude to say "quit freeplay" vs "quit game".)
- changed a lot of code about getsavedata() in general
- game checks for initalbootup when you don't have savedata yet, and then sets dotunes=true, dosfx=true, col1=0, and col2=7 by default
- changed "made in 8 days" text
Old game versions
@profpatonildo Thanks! ya I do agree that the countdown is a bit weird for this game because I wanted to copy the feeling of in MW3 or whatever game had the survival mode you have the down countdown that would be interupted constantly by your friends but that doesn't really make sense in a single player game unless I guess if you got 2 people playing together but eh. Thanks for taking the time to look at it anyways! ^_^
[Please log in to post a comment]