Cart #nair-4 | 2022-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

NAIR

The simple fighting game with only one attack

This is a pico-port of an existing game I released sometime last year. (2021 update: And now it's on Steam!)
For the most part, the gameplay is perfectly identical. I took a lot of care to make the speeds match up on the lower resolution machine.

NAIR controls like a platform fighter, with walljumps and wavedashes. You only have one attack (and it only works in the air), but it's very finely tuned. The attack is slightly more disjointed in the back, combos into itself (just barely), and does so depending on your spacing.

• INSTRUCTIONS: O button to jump. Once in the air, O button to airdodge and walljump, X button to attack. New game, hitbox viewer, dark theme are all in the pause menu :)
  • KNOWN ISSUES: Player 2 can have a hard time wavedashing left; certain OS's won't read the S key + W/Tab. Fixed by rebinding, or using controllers.
  • ITCH MIRROR (link)

I had a lot of fun making this, and I'm looking forward to making original Pico games next! ^_^

EDIT/REVISION: I've bound both buttons to jump, bringing back the 2-button wavedash. idk why I didn't think of this sooner
EDIT/REVISION 2: Added some input buffers, added a crouch cancel.
EDIT/REVISION 3&4: Gameplay adjustments from newer versions of NAIR, made wavedashing easier again.

P#77969 2020-06-12 05:15 ( Edited 2022-07-07 21:45)

Needs 1-player option.

P#97628 2021-09-22 00:45

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 15:52:37 | 0.009s | Q:14