I've assembled the new Picade with a Raspberry Pi 4 inside. It boots on the NOOBS SD card, being myself rather a noob once outside of Windows :). Besides the recommended upgrades & updates, I've installed nothing else than the latest Pico-8 for Raspbian, as I want my Picade to be a Pico-8 machine first.

I launch Pico-8 with the command line and use splore to browse favourite games. Everything is fine until I relaunch games either by ctrl+R or the "run" command. And then it's the russian roulette: either the cart restarts, either it simply shut downs the whole Picade. Sometimes it happens after the 20th rerun or more, but this bug is so reliable I use it to turn off the machine instead of using the "shutdown" shell command.

P#74018 2020-03-17 21:43

I also encountered the same Problem on my Raspberry Pi Zero using Retropie: Everything runs fine, but when I try to restart the Card, the System shuts down instantly, like, on a 50/50-Chance.

I guess it has something to do about the "Fake-Corruption" PICO8 does while restarting the Card. Like, the Graphic Chip cannot handle some of those Corruption-Effects...

P#74045 2020-03-19 14:44 ( Edited 2020-03-19 14:45)

[Please log in to post a comment]