You need to find your opponents and defeat them, but your energy is always draining and you only have 5 shots. There are charging pads all around you where you can recharge your energy and shots, BUT! If you recharge on a pad, it TRANSMITS a pulse throughout the level, giving away your position. You can use the pulses from other players to find them and defeat them. If you lose all your charge, you'll lose one heart. Lose all your hearts and you die. You can also fire at other players to make them lose hearts, so watch out for stray shots. The fewer players there are left, the faster your energy drains, so defeat your foes quickly!
This is a 4-player split-screen there-can-be-only-one style game. It requires 4 controllers to play.
This game was created in 48 hours for Global Game Jam 2018 with PIGSquad.
UPDATE: Lots of tweaks and changes!
- Added splats.
- Added diagonal player movement and firing.
- Limited shots to 5 shots per charge.
- Added the standard "flashing and invulnerable while hurt" mechanic.
- Made a much better map.
- Slowed down energy drain. *
- Added "dashing" which lets you move faster, but drain energy faster too.
- Added a help menu.
The whole things plays much better now and is lots of fun if you can get 4 players together. At some point I'm going to add bot code so you can play with less than 4 players. But that's farther down the road.
UPDATE #2: A few tweaks and changes for the XOXO Arcade!
- More variation in the wall tiles
- Cleaner reset when the game is over
- Balance tweaks to energy drain rates
- Move help menu to the intro screen
- Minor map tweaks to facilitate finding each other easier
[Please log in to post a comment]