Cart #46456 | 2017-11-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The base game engine is pretty much complete. Some of the things I plan to finish in the next week is:

• saving the level you got to and score
  • having a scoring system
  • pretty backgrounds, and particle effects. I'm definitely going to use fillp(). That sounds legit.
  • animation for game over
  • lives need pics
  • the tileset changes themes. (there will be a cloud theme, hell/fire theme, and earth theme, and maybe a space theme, who knows)
  • temporary power-ups (jump booster, run booster, extra life, countdown/don't have the screen chase you for a bit)
  • tutorial level and being able to pick your level based on the highest one you've gotten to at the title screen.
  • title screen tells the story, if no input has been pressed.
  • prettyify some of the cloud structures.

Here is the story:
The Neo Jumper is trapped within his virtual reality. And what's worse, his virtual universe is crumbling. Running is the only hope of escape!

Controls:
Z: run
X: jump
Down Arrow: duck, speed down

I think this is going to be my most professional game I've made so far. I finally got into coroutines and some of the other deeper lua/pico8 concepts with this game so far. I'm finally going to play with particles for this game. I've written a song for the game also, but I haven't pico8-ified the song yet. Also, the initial inspiration for the gameplay was from the Google Dinosaur game, but now it is much different.

Let me know in a comment if you have any other good ideas for the game, or if you think you found a bug. :) Here is the github page for the game, I may move it to its own repo though later

P#46457 2017-11-18 22:26 ( Edited 2017-11-19 03:26)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 23:21:48 | 0.009s | Q:10