Cart #charactron-1 | 2024-04-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is this tool?

This project was done for Picotron Game Jam (March 17th 2024 to April 20th 2024).
(Link to the game jam)

My plan was to do a character maker, something similar to what you can find on Picrew but for Picotron.

What can I do with this?

Everyone can use this avatar maker to make their own characters for any of their game projects (RPG or visual novel I guess?), mostly for Picotron. You can change the sprite, edit the character... The only constraint is to give a link or at least name this tool somewhere.

My ultimate goal is that people can reuse the cart and change the sprite sheet to create their own character maker. Currently, everything is a mess, so it's not really easy to change things with this tool. But I will try to make it as easy as possible in the future!

What's next?

I want to add some things that I did not have time for during the jam. Here is a list :

• More sprites
  • Adaptable sprites (Right now, if you select certain ears or body type, you have white spots or akward spacing. I want to prevent this from happening.)
  • Code easier to read and more efficient
  • Export as a Picotron sprite (I have currently no clue about how to do it... If you know, tell me!)
  • Save slots in the cart (I also have no clue, please explain if you know!)

DEVLOG

This game jam was enjoyable, even though I discovered how bad of a dev I am. Picotron is quite new, there is almost no documentation... So it was a struggle for me. I thought doing a doll maker was an easy project. It was not. Thanks to really kind people on Picotron's Discord, I finished everything I wanted to implement before the end of the jam. I had a rough time managing my time too, between my work, my family and my friends... But I'm so happy to have almost finished this tool. If you want to help me improve the code, let me know. I would love to have some help haha.

Where to find me!

@berry_sauvage on Instagram, Discord and Youtube.
https://linktr.ee/berry_sauvage
Also available on itch.io !

Credits

Code and Pixel Art by Berry’ (me).

P#147030 2024-04-20 19:15 ( Edited 2024-04-21 09:12)

Omg, this is so cute! I love it! I'd be happy to collaborate if you'd like, since you mentioned some stuff you wanted help with.

P#147118 2024-04-22 16:11

can you add a randomize button?

P#147141 2024-04-22 20:32

I thought this was a font cart! Super cool, I love how you have to set 4 different colors for the hair.
This look promising

P#147153 2024-04-22 23:27

@fantasticfox : I would love to have some help yes ! If you want, we can chat on discord ? ( @berry_sauvage on discord) If you want to talk elsewhere, tell me where you would prefer!

@merwok : I guess I can ! I have to think about how to do it, but I think I could make it work. I will add that to the list of features to add haha

@369369369 : Thank you !

P#147210 2024-04-23 21:01

[Please log in to post a comment]