(Access it from BBS with load #miditron-0)

Miditron!

The first midi-to-picotron conversion tool!

This tool allows you to convert .mid or .midi files into .sfx files used by the Picotron synth tracker.
Just drag and drop the desired midi onto the window, and voila! Your midi is transformed into a .sfx file, conveniently placed onto your sfx folder in your current cart~

Beware!! The tool is pretty barebones though! And far, far from perfect. So you might encounter glitched tracks and have to manually adjust patterns and tracks to fit the desired results.

Some handy tips for adjusting your midi files for an optimal result would be:

• Use only 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 meters; These meters are the most optimally supported by the tool
  • Avoid odd-numbered sections of the song (sections are separated by time signature change or tempo change)
  • Avoid using .midi with too many simultaneous notes/instruments (Picotron only supports 8 a time)
  • If need be, check the Ignore Tempo Changes checkbox (some midi files are weird and change tempo every note, and miditron will identify it as a section change, and will mess everything up)

I worked really hard on this tool, and I've learned a lot! I'm really proud of it and I'm happy to feel like I'm contributing to this wonderful community >w<

Cheeeers 🌟🌺

P#146119 2024-04-09 00:43 ( Edited 2024-04-09 00:44)

If you want me to love you just say that.

Jokes aside, GREAT job. I can’t wait to use it. Never thought someone would make something like this at such an early stage. thanks for this amazing work

P#146127 2024-04-09 04:05 ( Edited 2024-04-09 08:26)

Neat idea!!

I'm trying to convert this midi song https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnCi9D_URdiBHduwcyvCuKdGZBvj3zNS/view?usp=sharing but the converter seems to lock/stall while processing.

P#146383 2024-04-11 17:58

[Please log in to post a comment]