Welcome to Little Chemist!

Based on the game "Little Alchemy 2"

---Still in beta mode---
Couple issues I have to fix: (Please let me know if any other issues to fix)

1.When first loading the game for the first time ever, do not press "resume" otherwise you
get an error. Resume is only if you have save the game.
2.Also for now when saving, delete the elements from the 'mix elements' before saving.

--Here is the "Hint Enabled" version--

This version his the hint enabled. This means that all the elements/items are shown and your goal is to find what elements are needed to create the grayed out elements/items.

Cart #littlechemisthint-0 | 2024-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

--Here is the "Hint Disabled" version--

This version his the hint disabled. This means that all the elements/items are hidden and your goal is to discover elements/items from complete scratch. This mode is obviously much harder, but much more satisfying once you discover all 120.

Cart #littlechemistdis-0 | 2024-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-About the game-

This is "Little Chemist" inspired by the game "Little Alchemy". Where you try to discover elements/items by combining elements. There are two different versions of the game: "Hint Enabled" and "Hint disabled" The two games play the same way, in fact if you save the game in one mode, you can resume the game in the other mode. If you are truly stuck on some combination you can look up little alchemy fandom combinations and search up what item you want to see the combinations off.

-How to play-

The goal of the game is to combine different elements to discover new elements. There are a total of 120 for now. Start by placing an element into the 'mix element' box and place another element into the 'mix element' box. If the two elements placed in the 'mix element' box are able to mix, then a new element will be discovered otherwise nothing will happen. If you discover all 120 then you win.

-Controls-

-⬆️(up) and ⬇️(down) to navigate through the elements.
-❎(v/x) to place an element into the 'mix element'
-🅾️(c/z) to delete an element from the 'mix element'
-'Enter' to open pause menu.
-⬅️(left) Toggle to see your Progress.

-➡️(right) Toggle Increment/Decrement scroll speed.

-Save/Resume/New Game-

This game has the ability to save the game. Once you save the game you can press resume from either the 'pause menu' or the main menu. Same goes for 'new game'. However keep in mind, 'new game' will override your save. Another thing is if you save the game in one version you can resume the game in the other version. I mentioned this earlier but make sure to delete the elements/items form the 'mix elements' box before saving. I will fix this later.

-Playing on the Anbernic RG 280v-

Playing the Pico-8 on the RG 280v is amazing. My little cousin has one and asked me to make him a game like "Little Alchemy" and this game is made perfect with the RG280v. **-Note: When saving on the rg280v make sure the elements are deleted from the 'mix elements' it seems to give an issue. I will fix later.

-Update queue-

Updates to this game will be overtime but will consist of,
-New sets of element/items.
-New 'story game mode' in the works.
-Work on better graphics overall.
-Trophies.
(Please let me know if there are bugs to fix.)

I am a noob to programming so it might have some bugs, but my little cousin has an Anbernic RG 280V and he loves the game "Little Alchemy" so I figured I'd give it a shot to make it.

P#141791 2024-02-22 22:32 ( Edited 2024-02-23 03:52)

This is a great game hope you make more

P#141805 2024-02-23 02:34

This is a fun game. I found 52 so far.

P#141913 2024-02-25 05:00

I always enjoy games like this. That's a star from me! Kind of disappointed that Earth, Wind and Fire doesn't unlock Disco though :)

P#141958 2024-02-25 19:08

Neat game. Very exciting when you discover something new. It would be nice to have some kind of indicator to show the current scroll speed.

P#142305 2024-03-02 06:06

[Please log in to post a comment]