Or TRI-HARD, if you're so inclined
TRIHARD is another super intense arcade high scoring game, featuring multiple gamemodes, an original score with 5 songs, 6 animated backgrounds with 8 (technically 9) palettes, and 4 boss battles.
That's all well and good, but what's it about?!
TRIHARD's gameplay loop is simple. Bounce around the screen with your slippery and bouncy triangle (heh, get it?), dodging bullets and collecting squares. Run out of lives or let a square disappear and you will die. The gameplay is altered when events are thrown into the mix. Every so often an event will spawn, these can range from sweeping lasers to giant bullets. On top of this, have fun being killed by the 4 bosses!
Sounds great! How do I play?
The controls are even simpler!
- Up and Down to navigate
- Z to select
The menu does not feature wrapping.
- Arrow keys to move!
- Z to enable invulnerability, once the conditions are met.
When you go over 50% total velocity, your ship will become invincible, signified by the bar in the top left and the blue sparks on your triangle. Press Z to activate it! It will remain activated until you either go below the target speed, or it runs out.
- Finished game
- Added to Cartridges forum!
- Added ability to skip slide in with Z
- Replaced secret boss background to be less eye-straining. Resulted in a happy accident that looks very cool.
- Added an extra attack to the secret boss that I have no regrets about. Sue me!
- Player velocity bar will no longer overflow.
- Investigating a bug about the invulnerability sometimes not activating.
Soundtrack is now out!
[Please log in to post a comment]