Every time I try to publish a post that has a lot of content (E.g. inline code), when clickin on one of each buttons "Preview" "Save Draft" and "Publish", a spinner shows up that never resolves.

If I open the network dev tools, I see that a request is made to /pipe.php, but returns a failure with code 403. If I inspect the response, I see that it's a landing page to resolve a captcha, from Cloudfare. Title:

<title>Attention Required! | Cloudflare</title>

One more step
Please complete the security check to access www.lexaloffle.com

But that page just doesn't show up because it's a XMLHttpRequest which just fails to load.

I got around it once by editing the HTML to turn the edit page into a form with method="post" and action="{the correct url}" so that it actually redirects me to this landing page, I solved the captcha which set me a cookie and I was able to post it. But now it's failing again (I guess that is just temporary).

P#90771 2021-04-18 16:17

I'm also getting intervention from Cloudflare to see if I'm a bot when I post inline code.

On the other hand, I get an actual bot test when it happens, so I can simply clear my name and move on. This might be because I have my adblocker disabled on this site. Maybe try that?

But yeah, it's weird that we're being detected as bots just for posting code examples. And yeah, I think it's the code examples that do it.

P#90834 2021-04-20 09:25 ( Edited 2021-04-20 09:25)

Hi @olivarra1, @Felice

I've turned off Cloudflare's firewall/challenges for now, and aim to leave it that way -- so hopefully these issues are resolved now. I enabled it a while ago during an unusually large amount of malicious traffic, but security rule false-positives always seem to become a confusing game of whack-a-mole. So perhaps best to just focus on improving handling it downstream.

P#90836 2021-04-20 11:19

@zep

I can't edit a long post at all now. The blue spinny thing just goes forever when I try to preview or post.

P#90882 2021-04-21 12:53

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 07:45:13 | 0.025s | Q:18