Cart #bunrun12-0 | 2020-09-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This cart is still in progress. I just wanted to upload it to show a few people.
So at the moment, tapping Z will increase your run speed ever so slightly, but it returns to normal after a moment.
Later, running faster will be easier for wolves to hear, and attract their attention to you.
X is used to show the path finding grid, but path finding isn't fully implemented yet, though the methodology is commented out in the wolf state system tab in the "RESUME" state. The grid is generated each time you enter a new room, and the wolves will really only use it to investigate sounds, or to find their way back to their regular patrol paths.

Today, I got the bunny to hop, I removed moving backwards (as the down button will be reserved for throwing rocks), and I modified some of the sprites, and commented out the RESUME state.

P#82415 2020-09-29 01:41

This game is so good!
I love the sprites for the pretty hedges or the mountain,
and the sprites for the little wolfs and the bunny are amazing.

the pathfinding can be a bit weird at times but it's pretty good!

P#82416 2020-09-29 03:07 ( Edited 2020-09-29 03:08)

Had a lot of fun with this! Sprites look great and the way you move around is interesting.

I especially enjoyed that it made me just want to continue exploring because the variety of sprites and areas are so good

P#82430 2020-09-29 16:04

@SmellyFishstiks
Thanks, it's not done yet. I haven't touched it for a couple weeks. Been working on getting another demo project working so I can have an agnostic path finder system for numerous agents and end points. So far my new system works great. After I polish it, I will implement it back into this little Bun Run game, and get the wolves really path finding. Right now, they just find their way back to their path node by direct line of sight. The path finding grid will be used to let them find their way back from more complex locations so they don't get stuck.

P#84173 2020-11-12 22:54

@SniperKral
Thank you. I will keep building it and create a fun world to explore. More coming before the new year. Hopefully a completed game by Christmas time.

P#84174 2020-11-12 22:55

This is ridiculously cute, and the controls for adjusting your angle of motion are fun and unique. Can't wait to see the finished version!

P#84211 2020-11-14 00:24

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 20:23:06 | 0.042s | Q:24