Cart #rhagedoza-0 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Elite Velocity

Version 1.0 2020-09-01

Asteroid Miner's Flight Training Manual

Up - Thrust
Left/Right - Turn Left/Right
Down - Charge warp (requires fuel)
X - Fire Weapon
Z - Dock at station / tractor beam (requires purchase)

Congratulations on your purchase of the Arrow-class shuttle. This shuttle is rated for asteroid mining and is equipped with a mk1 blaster for destroying asteroids and self-defense. You will also find a warp drive pre-installed, allowing jumps to new systems in deep space. An asteroid-scoop allows easy ore collection by simply flying into floating pieces of ore. Finally, expansion slots allow room for upgrades such as a tractor beam, IFF radar, and powerful mining lasers. These upgrades can be purchased and installed by licensed technicians found at space stations across the galaxy.

Asteroid mining is an extremely profitable enterprise for any intrepid pilot willing to take their vessel into deep space. With some luck, a good captain can score an early retirement in short order! Safe flying, captain!

Tips n' Tricks

• Shoot and destroy asteroids to reveal ore. Acquire ore by flying over it.
  • Dock at space stations to purchase fuel and upgrades with ore.
  • Once you've cleared out a system of asteroids, use fuel to warp to the next system.
  • Ensure you always have enough ore to purchase fuel, or you may become stranded in deep space!
  • Watch out for space pirates who will attempt to destroy you. The farther you warp into deep space, the more dangerous and numerous they become! Defend yourself with your ship's blaster.
  • Be wary, if you linger in a system for too long, pirates will track you down!
  • Once you've collected enough ore to live out a long and healthy life, you can choose to RETIRE at any space station.
  • If you take damage you can buy a REPAIR at any space station.
P#81427 2020-09-01 18:47 ( Edited 2020-09-01 19:55)

Good ‘minimalist’ take on Elite!
I finished my career stuck with no fuel :/
(and the tractor beam was my best buy ever!)

minor gameplay rant: the ship should stop when velocity below a certain threshold.

P#81432 2020-09-02 05:50

That was great!

P#81435 2020-09-02 07:00

This is fantastic! Nice work

I'd actually been working on a similar thing to this (kind of Asteroids meets Elite) but it's nowhere near as good as this and I'm not sure if it will ever be finished... maybe one day 😂

P#81486 2020-09-03 21:15

This was rad - as an old EV fan, nice work :)

P#88149 2021-02-25 09:31

This is a great effort! Very fun to play.

As an Asteroids guy who put the quarters in, I'd rather the controls were more true to that game, but that's a pretty minor nit!

Thanks for doing it.

P#90061 2021-04-06 07:24

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 19:54:02 | 0.012s | Q:26