Cart #51079 | 2018-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls
Menu: X to switch from mouse control (default) to arrow keys. Z to go to instructions page. Z again to start game.

Game: Move mouse (default) or use L/R arrow keys to rotate ship. Z to thrust (note that you can travel in that direction at that speed indefinitely once you are moving).

Mechanics
Every time you are near a planet, a line will guide you to it. (Or to the nearest planet if there are several.)

Every time you pass over a planet, you might collect resources from the detritus floating around it - fuel, minerals, or both. The fuel will keep you going longer. Minerals are just for bragging rights. Planets are also marked with a V for 'visited'.

Try to visit as many planets and collect as many minerals as you can before running out of fuel.

If you're really lucky the speed and direction you're travelling when you run out of fuel will take you over a planet that has fuel, and you can continue on, but you can also give up if you don't want to wait and see.

Commentary
Finally did a Big Thing (or a relatively Big Thing) with my vector line drawing stuff in PICO-8. I am calling this mess 8STROKE and will probably make more games with it in future, although maybe not for a while because this was a lot of work. Nonetheless I am getting in on time and with plenty of nice-to-haves done! Very happy.

itch.io page: here.

#1GAM March 2018

P#51080 2018-03-30 19:40 ( Edited 2018-03-30 23:40)

It seems that left/right arrows don’t move the ship!

P#80989 2020-08-20 21:05

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 20:33:36 | 0.011s | Q:17