ok, so I didn't quite liked the new sistem really, using the same name was still better than giving each animation a group number.

anyways I'm having some problems with monsters and it's modifiers right now, like, triggers that are not supposed to happen and modifiers with a given time that never ends.

the first example was when I was trying to create something like a floor that when you stepped on it, it activates and then, after a given time it flies and at a certain height and after that it pursuits the player.

my idea: a colision modifier to one of the sides of the mob(1), then it triggers a colision of jump (2)and then another one to follow the player(3).

it happens that when you put the mobs together (no matter how many) and they collide side to side, after a certain time all the monsters are activated, but only from the second modifier and after, I dunno why, so I think it's a bug.

there is another one where I want a monster to shoot bullets after a certain animation, the animation works finely, but the bullets keep on shooting forever, and if I make a certain amount of burst, it stops and does not repeat aftewards when the animation starts again.

here is the sample (the good side is: no door bug!)

I still have to get used to this new sistem so I probably just made a few mistakes

edit: why is this monster acting like this?

P#7773 2013-09-02 21:47 ( Edited 2013-09-08 19:19)

Weird thing is, I was able to do the shooting thing with a different monster and it works in pretty much the same way yours does.

P#7779 2013-09-04 20:17 ( Edited 2013-09-05 00:17)

well the shooting is supposed to stop at a certain point and only restart when the animation does so, were you able to do that?

P#7784 2013-09-06 11:49 ( Edited 2013-09-06 15:49)

I've added a couple of things to emitters/activators in 0.2.9 which will hopefully make these kinds of issues are bit clearer:

• the ability to explicitly reset an emitter or animation when it is activated, or when it 'continues' (expires but is immediately reactivated because the trigger is still true). I tried lots of combinations of shooting bursts with delays etc. so it should be at least possible to implement most things even if it takes a bit of understanding

• a debug option that allows you to see which components of a monster (emitters/animations/modifiers) are active.

• allowing group numbers to optionally have a 5-letter name instead. So you can use workds like 'body' / 'arms' the way you used to with labels.

I changed the same-name animation blocking scheme at the last moment for several reasons, but mostly because I felt the name of an item shouldn't have any influence on how it behaves. Hopefully I can improve the useability of activations over time because getting them to behave as expected is quite crucial. At the moment it is almost too expressive with different combinations of activation delays / burst delays creating results that are sometimes hard to predict.

Anyway, I'll post 0.2.9 shortly and make a demo of the behaviours you described.

Here's an example custom player with modifiers set to implement shooting with a cool-down delay in such a way you could have any number of bursts per shot:

(I won't have players finished for the next update but will include a dev version that allows button triggers)

The other problem with this test level above, is the really long skinny monsters end up in the wrong place at the start of the level (for some reason, snapping to the centre) which is a clearly a bug. It's caused by some old assumptions I made about monster sizes. But it is of course quite useful and should be acceptable to make a monster that spans the entire room.

P#7792 2013-09-08 15:19 ( Edited 2013-09-08 19:21)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 10:59:23 | 0.007s | Q:15