I'm attaching a screenshot of what I would like to have show up in-game but doesn't because there's disconnect between the voxels...

Is there a way to get diagonally adjacent voxels to be 'connected'?

Or am I required to model this differently? I wanted to have a walkway that can be walked under (along with the stairs).

edit: I'd also like a to feature request ability to change the properties of voxels regardless of their color and possibly their 'destructability'. I.E. number of shots/required power to do damage to the voxel as well as voxels that allow actors to pass through them but are affected by weapons/damage so you can create tall grass, for instance.

P#6831 2012-12-11 22:40 ( Edited 2012-12-14 22:50)

The image is too big! D: It makes half of your post unreadable

However, i don't think there is a way to make diagonally adjacent voxels connected, apart from changing your model (with some workarounds, like putting a few voxels under your stair just to make each step connected to another one; or you could use indestructible voxels to make your stair "float" but they are... well, non-destructible, so your stair will not fall down)

Also, i'm not sure i got what you meant in the last lines (i can't read them entirely), but in the next update there should be many new features, and probabily at least the "walking trough tall grass thing" you wrote about

P#6833 2012-12-12 03:38 ( Edited 2012-12-12 08:39)

That's odd because in Chrome, it is resized to fit the CSS...

Anyway, I think I got a way to add to the model which doesn't break the integrity of the style I want and conforms to the rules of Voxatron's rendering.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe at some point, there will be 'invisible' voxels (rather than negative) to allow setting up floating platforms over land instead of void. I'm an oldskool gamer and platformer fan and floating platforms are a stable of that genre. :)

P#6835 2012-12-12 13:40 ( Edited 2012-12-12 18:40)

Shame on firefox then!

Invisible voxels to make stuff float would be great, maybe zep will put something similar in the next few updates

P#6836 2012-12-12 15:08 ( Edited 2012-12-12 20:08)

Unfortunately this is a limitation on the engine. I decided against diagonal voxel connections because it slows down / complicates the crumbling physics too much. THe way around it is just to add a few joining voxels to each level.

Extra voxel properties are also a bit tricky and probably won't make it in for similar reasons.

The pass-through voxels are possible though using animations in 0.2.2

Floating platforms can be done with 'indestructible' voxels (bottom right of the palette). Just stick a single indestructible somewhere underneath to hold the whole thing up.

P#6868 2012-12-13 20:34 ( Edited 2012-12-14 01:34)

Hi, I originally read your reply wrong, zep...yes, just putting one single unbreakable voxel does indeed allow floating platforms quite nicely as long as direct contact is there by the other voxels....this works just fine since that one voxel can be hidden anywhere.

P#6879 2012-12-14 17:50 ( Edited 2012-12-14 22:50)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 19:56:40 | 0.007s | Q:17