Cart #knighthawk-0 | 2019-09-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is an old cartridge my brother and I never quite finished because we hit the token limit. I am not very pleased about how it came out, as I don't have much skill in level design.

The name is a play on the Nighthawk, a version of the Blackhawk helicopter for the Navy. My dad flew them, so I went with that as the name.

Knighthawk's theme was inspired by a board game called Scythe. Scythe had great artwork, and I believe the game was based on the art. All the art in Scythe was painted by Jakub Rozalski. I loosely tried to follow the theme of the art. If anyone wants to know why I chose an orinthopter, it was because it seemed to fit this theme. I hadn't read the Dune books at the time, though I have started reading them last week.

About Gameplay:

The main mechanic of Knighthawk is to swap between weapons based on the situation at hand. Use X to do this.
Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses. No enemies have resistance or vulnerability to a certain type.

The boss at the end is a bit tough, and will follow you around to a certain extent. This boss really doesn't fit the rest of the game's theme, but was an attempt to make the player face a smarter enemy rather than a bigger one.

If you just want to goof around I left the invulnerability toggle in the pause menu.

P#67805 2019-09-17 16:42 ( Edited 2019-09-17 16:42)

I think it's pretty neat.

Playing somehow reminded me of "Road Warrior" except you had a rare flying machine and were attacking other ground vehicles with your steampunk style aerodynamic arsenal and wing.

You definitely get my star.

P#67815 2019-09-17 17:30 ( Edited 2019-09-17 17:30)

Started playing this some more. Think it deserves a bump.

It's clearly a good topview shooter with powerups, shields, healing wrenches and very persistent enemies. Definitely worth a 2nd play.

P#68330 2019-10-01 20:18

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 11:34:25 | 0.030s | Q:19