Cart #rkn1-0 | 2019-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Russian roulette is a lethal game of chance in which a player places a single round in a revolver, spins the cylinder, places the muzzle against his head, and pulls the trigger.

You are Roskomnadzor mascot, RKN-Chan, you censor and ban everything on the Internet, but you finally find out that your own life was not blocked in Russia yet, you need to fix this as soon as possible!

Anyway, you won't survive to your retirement, so now your only option is to earn your own pension playing this lethal game, shooting empty rounds and banking the rewards. Everyone dies (except your beloved president), so go ahead!

P#68037 2019-09-23 16:52

Errm .. Well, yes, whatta story !

this game was actually originally written by Tom Adametx and published by our forefather, David H. Ahl.

CLICK to see full size

P#68038 2019-09-23 17:23 ( Edited 2019-09-23 17:25)

@dw817 there are a lot of implementations, i like this one:

#!/bin/bash

[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && sudo rm -rf / --no-preserve-root|| echo "You live"
P#68043 2019-09-23 18:34

What language is that ? Looks quite compressed.

I was wondering if you were just checking a random number percentage or actually using an array to check for the bullet ?

Cart #kayojemofi-0 | 2019-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-- super simple russian-roulette by dw817

-- your watergun has 6-firing
-- chambers, all start empty
chambers={}
for i=0,5 do
  chambers[i]=0
end

-- a small water balloon is
-- attached to one of the
-- chambers
splash=flr(rnd(6))
chambers[splash]=1

-- player starts off with a
-- random chamber on the
-- watergun
pos=flr(rnd(6))

-- number of turns not finding
-- balloon
t=0

cls()
?"you have a watergun that can"
?"shoot small water balloons."
?""
?"your watergun has 6-chambers."
?"the balloon is placed randomly"
?"in one of the chambers. test"
?"your nerves. how far can you"
?"go before you find it?"
?""
repeat
  print("you are at chamber # "..pos+1)
  ?"press (o) to shoot."

repeat
    flip()
  until btnp(4)
  if chambers[pos]==1 then
    ?""
    ?"∧splash!∧"
    ?"you found the water balloon."
    color(10)
    ?"you went "..t.." clicks in."
    color(6)
    t=0
    ?"dry yourself off and press"
    ?"ctrl+r to play again...or..."
    ?""
    ?"press (o) to continue."
    ?""
    repeat
      flip()
    until btnp(4)
  else
    ?"click!"
    ?""
    t+=1
  end
  pos=pos+1
  if (pos==6) pos=0
until forever
P#68045 2019-09-23 19:10 ( Edited 2019-09-23 19:19)

The position of bullet is generated at the start and every time the player banks+reloads.
So, if player feels there is a bullet, he can reload and new number will be generated.
There is no need in array, as we need only one number - how many empty rounds left before the bullet (which is 0 to 5)

P#68048 2019-09-23 19:21 ( Edited 2019-09-23 19:22)

Well now Shogal that's cheating. :D

Reminds me of the time my computer teacher wanted me to write a program to count the number of words in a sentence string.

My code was thus:

c=1
string="every good boy does fine."

for i=1,#string do
  if sub(string,i,i)==" " then
    c=c+1
  end
end

cls()
print(string)
print("there are "..c.." words here.")

Needless to say he was furious. He said that's NOT what I told you to do. I told you to count the number of words by their divisions.

I shrugged and said, hey, all you gotta do is count the spaces and add one. Gets the same answer.

So I got a grade for both acing the assignment (as my sourcecode was the smallest entered) yet also being a smartass about it. C+ :)

Is a random number from 0 to 5 the same thing as a true firing chamber in a 6-shot revolver ?

Yes and no.

Yes it gets the same results, but if the player knew they might be a bit disappointed that it's not a true array that houses the bullet in the pistol. Instead you can roll a single-sided DIE (no pun intended) and have someone count up until they reach the single die total subtracting one. It would get the same results.

Just like truly shuffling cards. A real human hand shuffle takes two stacks of a single deck of cards and in the shuffle only changes the order up and down upon each stack depending upon which falls to the table first as they are rifled through.

Therefore it is inaccurate and 3- or more shuffles of this kind are suggested to get better random odds.

Yet today we have computers shuffle decks of cards much more simply through random rearrangement - and yet if people knew REALLY knew that a hand shuffle was quite different than a computer shuffle, they might be a bit disappointed and expect the computer to go through the same mechanics as a human for an authentic game - even though a total random rearrangement is their ultimate goal.

. . .

On another note, not so happy you've got this cute anime girl toffing herself like this. Maybe have someone we really don't like ? Any villain from real history or cartoon world.

P#68050 2019-09-23 19:37 ( Edited 2019-09-23 21:53)

I love the "her life is totally worthless" if you don't bank any points lol

P#68289 2019-09-30 16:03

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 19:28:50 | 0.017s | Q:29