So i read the manual, watched the tutorials and also looked at the [keys] section under https://neko250.github.io/pico8-api/.

Problem is that i cannot find basic keyboard inputs, let's take the waveform editor. You click a note. You accidently click too high or too low, so you have to precisely align between the other notes before you can 'fix' it, and that requires carefully not moving right or left (or else it will affect the other notes).

I use a high dpi mouse on a pro gaming surface and i slowed down my cursor, still is tricky. Aren't they controls like Shift+Up to go higher tone, or anything of that nature?

Note: the same is true for most editors includied in Pico. In order to be productive we need to have more shortcuts.... or am i missing something?

== UPDATE ===
Making matters even worse, some shortcuts do not even work at all. Speed using < or > ? yeah right. Not a mac osx .

== UPDATE2 ===
Reading through the manuals and forums, the absense of < >, snap to Cm pentatonic but more important the complete absence of 'backspace' (and therefore the ability to delete notes), i'm now 100% sure this is some form of bug.

P#43671 2017-08-27 07:09 ( Edited 2017-08-28 17:14)

Yeah, being able to use, e.g., Ins and Del to insert or delete notes would be really nice. Or, like the sprite editor, use cursor left/right to shift the entire thing one slot left or right.

Also, undo is messed up in the sfx editor. If you switch sfx, make a change, and undo it, it'll undo changes you were making in the previous sfx too.

Personally, my peeve is that I wish when I typed ^C to copy in the sprite editor, it would just switch over to stamp mode automatically, because that's what I always do next.

P#43677 2017-08-27 10:07 ( Edited 2017-08-27 14:07)

it's a shame the thing isn't open source, i feel lexa could sell voxatron and make pico free and FLOSS, they would actually make a lot more money IMHO and we could go and fix this sort of thing ourselves.

P#43695 2017-08-28 07:25 ( Edited 2017-08-28 11:25)

Eh, people would take it and run with it. In twelve hundred different directions. Right now, unpredictably-constrained and somewhat-buggy as it may be, it's at least going in a consistent, single direction.

P#43705 2017-08-28 13:14 ( Edited 2017-08-28 17:14)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 14:10:39 | 0.007s | Q:13