Cart #32026 | 2016-10-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Final edition of this game, just before Halloween. :)

This game is also for sale (Worthware) in ITCH.IO. You pay what you think it's worth with a minimal of 99c. However, as you are a member and/or owner of the PICO-8 OS, you get it for free in here - with source.

For those of you who have made high score on the earlier version of this game, it is suggested you RESET your HIGH SCORE holding down (O) and (X) during HIGH SCORE to show considerably comparative and competitive scores.

There are now 4-levels of play.

[LEVEL 1] ... Very easy, start with 4 candles and bottle, see all ghosts and items at all times no matter the distance.

[LEVEL 2] ... More challenging, start with 3 candles, must find bottle, ghosts move, can only see them when near.

[LEVEL 3] ... Still more difficult, start with 2 candles, ghosts move very erratically, can only see them when very close.

[LEVEL 4] ... Hardest level, infinite time, must use compass and meter as all items are always invisible.

Major Updates:

• Added Levels Of Play
    With challenge comes its reward. You can only hope to make the top of high score by playing and winning at level 4.

If you just want to make it on the board, by default, you will need to capture at least one ghost on the easiest level.

• Fixed 'stray' cosmetic ghost image, actually fixed the code
  • Fixed 'catching' ghost. If you're one square away, you got 'im.
  • Added Meter to tell how far ghost is away
  • Added Compass to tell direction of nearest item
  • Fixed scoring measures, should be quite competive in all levels
  • Added new logo effects using earlier Fireball method
  • Added ability to reset High Score to defaults
  • changed text scrolling speed a tiny bit
  • Added information for people new to the controls

? Moved compressed image, just not enough memory
? Updated copyright

Have a great Halloween. I'll return when ZEP next updates PICO-8, or an error is found in the game. (hopefully not) :)

P#32028 2016-10-29 14:01 ( Edited 2016-10-30 15:08)

hi dw, I went to see your game on itchio:

• it's not donationware if the fee is not optional. you might want to check if that's what you intended.
  • the html export is compatible with linux & osx, so you might want to add those tags too.
  • maybe you should refer to x/c instead of o/x in that version, that would make more sense outside of this forum

glad to see more people trying to monetize pico games, good luck!

P#32056 2016-10-29 22:08 ( Edited 2016-10-30 02:08)

I'll qualify your qualm as an error, UB.

It's stated in ITCHY that the game is Worthware. You pay what you think it's worth. I can change the above description to match.

Keys (Z) and (X) work just fine. I don't know about (C).

I'm busy back in BlitzMAX working on my main project. I can see the site is doing well without me, and that's good. There needs to be some positive in here.

I did see someone make several posts. I guess a few won't hurt. I only have 2-days to get my affairs in order here and then I'm out anyway.

And the monetization is an experiment. I was just curious to see how it went and perhaps post my findings in Writer's Cafe later - showing others how they can make money selling games and creating an account with PayPal to receive it - likely that would make a good and useful article.

I'm in my down cycle (bipolar) so I'm not very cheerful. Sorry.

Thanks for the luck ... it's a long haul ahead of me for the main engine I'm working on.

P#32061 2016-10-30 00:30 ( Edited 2016-10-30 05:10)

default pico mapping has (o)(x)(o)(x) on 4 contiguous keys [z][x][c][v] on your qwerty keyboard. on my azerty, it's on [w][x][c][v]. on a german keyboard, that's on [y][x][c][v]. so, referring to [z] yields a problem on non-qwerty keyboards. but that's on the standalone pico. the html export is something else as it actually reads the z-labeled key. problem is, my [z] key is placed where your [w] is, and where your [y] is on a german keyboard.
bottom line, [x]/[c] and [c]/[v] are contiguous everywhere, while [z]/[x] are only contiguous on qwerty.

one last thing, you've added android on the compatibility list, I think people will expect an apk.

godspeed to you!

P#32073 2016-10-30 06:16 ( Edited 2016-10-30 10:16)

Awright, lemme set it so it says both (Z) and (C) then.

My android computer never arrived. I thought it could run Javascript and HTML. I'll remove it from the list.

Updated. Thanks.

P#32077 2016-10-30 11:08 ( Edited 2016-10-30 15:20)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 17:35:12 | 0.011s | Q:20