This is a reimplementation of a little graphic demo I first saw in the early 90ies on an Amiga500.
I have been writing that kind of demo on pretty much every platform I ever coded with since then.
Was good to see that something like that is possible on pico8 as well. Funnily enough, I pretty much ran into the same bugs, colour mixing issues and performance bottle necks as any other time I wrote a bouncy ball.
(I spent ten minutes hacking in a very sketchy shotgun blast of oscillating x offset functionality but it was based on a sufficiently shallow read of the code that I wasn't able to get the per-frame cleanup working totally correctly. But seems like it's probably trivially doable with a little more knowhow.)
[Please log in to post a comment]