A brand new adventure in the Rockfall series!
Differences between 1 and 3:
- CUSTOMIZATION! Give yourself a hat, and set the color of every part of Rockfall Person!
- DIFFICULTY! Change the difficulty to make it easier or harder to play at your own level!
- GRAPHICS UPDATE! Now with particles and screen shake, you can select different levels from the options menu.
- EXTRA RANDOMNESS! A new engine allows for more randomness in rocks' falling and velocity.
- NEW ENGINE! It runs much better, It's less buggy, and it's rewritten from the ground up!
- BETTER HITBOXES! Rather than Pythagorean Distance^ for perfect circles, a square hitbox is used to fix bugs and have a better experience.
^ Finds distance with d=√((x_2-x_1)²+(y_2-y_1)²), but because of squaring and PICO-8's memory, it caused faulty collision in RF1.
- Fixed menu items saying to use O instead of X after changes in v1.1
- Changed menus to all use X for closing/selecting, rather than a mix of X/O
P#123235 2022-12-29 18:16 ( Edited 2023-01-05 01:15)
It may seem overkill, @MrAwesome, however you are welcome to use my function which checks collision by PIXEL in sprites.
It appears to me that you are only moving 2-objects. The boulders and the player so it should run quickly enough.
P#123239 2022-12-29 19:08
[Please log in to post a comment]