Cart #invertworld-4 | 2022-10-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I have finally released my first game/demo for pico-8! It's and endless runner that it's main concept is that you can flip or invert the world. The idea came about after reading through the Playdate SDK and seeing there was a way to flip the colours on the 1bit display. I thought I'd prototype on pico-8 first and then port to the Playdate console. The port is going well and I hope to have it released by the weekend. I will attach a link to an itch.io page when it is ready.

The code is not the most efficient but if I do decide to extend this then I will work on not loading in and inverting the whole map on each Z button press.

CONTROLS
-- UP or X to jump
-- Z to invert the world

Hard difficulty gives you checkpoints while insane difficulty takes them away.

I've also added a combination of keys to take you back to the main menu which is Z + X + DOWN. If you'd like to reset your progress I'd use this command then select insane difficulty to reset your game position.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. Also comments and criticisms would be much appreciated.

Save game bug has now been fixed.

I now have a itch.io page with both pico-8 and playdate versions on there.

Invert World on itch.io

P#117660 2022-09-19 21:46 ( Edited 2022-10-27 15:56)

so apparently z+x works as fine as z+x+down and that is a massive problem

P#117666 2022-09-19 23:31

Thanks. That was me not checking the code which was X + Y. That one is fixed now, I've added down. Still need to figure out the save bug.

P#117671 2022-09-19 23:53

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 12:14:07 | 0.011s | Q:19