Cart #ronomogoyo-0 | 2022-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update!

Added signs to make it easy to understand the how to play!

Changed the color of the ground in the lava section to help players understand which spot is safe to walk on!

Fixed the text not showing up by the suspicious man underground in the lava section!

Simple game I made while learning Pico 8!

P#108144 2022-03-06 18:03 ( Edited 2022-03-08 18:58)

fun twist on the formula! :)

P#108151 2022-03-06 20:38

Nice work. I was frustrated a few times not really understanding what was killing me or what would.

When I first went underground, I couldn't tell that I wasn't supposed to step on certain tiles (lava?) and kept wondering what the heck killed me?

Then later, I thought the 3 chests in the water room would give me 3 keys so I went all the way outside to open the 3 doors I'd seen. To my dismay I found out I only had 2 keys, discovered X brings up inventory, and saw two of them had given me gold instead. Then when I went I went back under I couldn't open the other door I'd passed with the person(?) inside because I had no keys left! So I had to start all over. Oof!

Next time I went in there and gave him the gold before leaving and he turned into a blob shape. I didn't know I was supposed to give him gold. I just noticed it was gone and he changed. I thought maybe he'd thank me or something so I moved toward him and he killed me. Had to start all over again! Oof! 10 more deaths and restarts later I discovered I can touch them when they are a certain color, and that the one by the graveyard has a popup telling me to give gold.

I didn't notice until my 20th death that the chests have a color indicating what's inside.

Is it even possible to get into the room with 3 locked doors.? What does putting a soul in the graveyard thing give you? Am I supposed to get a key?

I almost quit after just a few deaths. I'm honestly shocked I even put in the time to discover all this, and I feel most players won't.

If I can make a few suggestions:

• Make the lava tiles and walkable tiles more distinct in color so it's more obvious which are dangerous. Maybe switch the bright red (color 8) on walkable tiles for brown (color 4)?
  • Make a little popup when you open a chest telling you what was inside. (You got a key! etc.)
  • Make the "give me gold" popup happen for the guy underground, too.
P#108153 2022-03-06 21:54 ( Edited 2022-03-06 21:57)

@UnitVector I didn't really expect people to find this this was mostly just a way for my friends to play but thanks for the feedback I will defiantly address some of the issues I've been presented with!

P#108162 2022-03-06 23:55

amogus

P#108301 2022-03-08 23:37

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 05:55:46 | 0.031s | Q:24