This is #bubblecat-0
- It doesn't reload properly (launch it and then press ctrl-R; an "attempt to call a string value" error message appears, and is very different from the normal error messages. pico-8 is unresponsive after this)
- It does reload fine through the menu (press P; choose "reset cart")
This is #bubblecat-2
- It reloads just fine (using both methods)
- However, reloading with ctrl-R causes a strange "loaded external changes" message
The difference between the two carts is a single newline between the end of the
__lua__ section and the
These errors only happen in the web player or exported binaries; they do not happen inside pico8.exe.
I'm 90% sure I created #bubblecat inside pico8 itself; I didn't edit bubblecat.p8 using my external text editor.
- a cart without a final newline in the last tab should work fine in the web player and in binary exports
- no "loaded external changes" message should be shown when reloading
I'm running pico8 0.2.4; I noticed this issue on 0.2.3 but I believe the web player is running 0.2.4, and I confirmed the issue is present in binary exports for windows from 0.2.4
That brings up an interesting point, @pancelor.
It is highly likely it is difficult albeit impossible to have older carts running perfectly in modern Pico-8 especially if they used some tweaks or quirks to get them to do special things.
Is it possible to have existing carts no matter how old to run in the version of Pico-8 they were designed for and posted in ?
[Please log in to post a comment]