Cart #aerialrave1_10_22-0 | 2022-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Second work in progress release based on user feedback.

Score, style meter, deathscreen with results and office practice room added.
Killfloor rises much slower, rising faster based on your level
Filling boost is made consistent, takes about 5 kills (fountains count as half)

Style rank adds power to your boost! The higher your rank the higher you fly!

[[z,x, and arrow keys to control
double jump recharges with time
double tap and hold direction to stinger attack
You can walljump (though not for much height)
hold up or hold down to do different attacks. Up attacking a stunned enemy gives you height!
Hold x while doing down attack to keep it active. Doing this on a stunned enemy stops this from canceling.
if you do one of the hold button attacks on a stunned enemy (when they flash) it does something different
Normal slashes are best for causing stuns
hold z to use super jump when red bar is filled
Fill the bar with kills (The fountains count!)]]

P#104727 2022-01-10 06:53 ( Edited 2022-01-10 06:54)

This is a lot better! I still can't figure out how to do the attack where you pin an enemy to the wall though.

A few notes:

• I had fun in the practice room! More fun than in the actual game, probably. That's not meant to be a knock on the game, though: I wasn't great at the game itself, so it was very satisfying to feel like I was doing well, and I felt like I got a much better tour of what the game was capable of than I did before.

• It's really hard to get used to needing to stun enemies before up-attack gives you meaningful height. Or maybe I just got mis-calibrated in the practice room? It seemed much easier there.

• When I did start to make progress in the main game, and inevitably ended up screwing up, I would typically find myself falling down into a big void clear of enemies that was not fun to get out of. I feel like if that happens I should either lose on the spot, or there should be a more fun way out than trying to wall-jump and slash fountains.
P#104728 2022-01-10 07:23 ( Edited 2022-01-10 07:46)

Are you trying the moves on stunned enemies? The enemy has to be flashing for the pin to the wall move and the jump slash move to work.
When practicing, you should go for this kind of rhythm: Jump into the bat, then x,x,up+x right after another. You should be able to rise pretty much indefinitely by doing normals on the bats then upslashing. The upslash gives stun of its own so you can actually do two in a row if you want.

P#104731 2022-01-10 07:50 ( Edited 2022-01-10 07:51)

That definitely helps, thanks! Yeah, I was trying to hit stunned enemies, but I think I was assuming that they'd be stunned after one normal hit - for whatever reason I really wasn't picking up on the flashing, and I still have to think about it.

With the rhythm you suggest I'm definitely doing better, but it seems a little easier on the ball (does it have more mass? or am I imagining things?) and my main issue is now getting into a group of bats and up-slashing the wrong one, or knocking the one I'm trying to stun too far away. I can occasionally cheese myself pretty far up with the pink ball though.

P#104732 2022-01-10 08:02

So in groups of bats, you should switch to normals. Normals cancel your fall speed and draw them into you, so you should try to get into groups and kill them all to fill your bar, then hold z to fly up. Also yeah sometimes you mess up and fall, but with the aforementioned normals and dash attacks you can cancel your fall speed and get kills to boost back up.
Did you get the pin attack to work too? The arrow key has to be held down when you press x btw.

P#104734 2022-01-10 08:11 ( Edited 2022-01-10 08:14)

Huh, for some reason I feel like normal hits knock them away? Maybe that's not what's happening but it kind of feels like it.

I can sometimes get the pin attack to work, but I'm not consistent enough with it to do it much.

As for falling down: I'm fine when I fall down into an area where there are still bats, there's still stuff for me to do. The issue is when I fall down into a stretch of no bats (where I've knocked all of them away or killed them).

Though I'm starting to realize that I've sort of misunderstood the goal. I was thinking of it as "get as high as possible", where super jump gets you some bonus height. But perhaps the true goal is "fill enough bar to super jump to the next level"?

P#104735 2022-01-10 08:23

The normals give a little knockback horizontally but they should pull in vertically, like if theyre above they should fall into your next swing, and if theyre below they should rise into it. It's done through little delta Vs, so it isnt a guaranteed second hit you still need to guide yourself into it
The level goes up purely based on height, every 200 meters I think. But yeah honestly the best way to gain height is getting lots of kills and a high rank!

P#104736 2022-01-10 08:36 ( Edited 2022-01-10 08:37)

how is this game not on home page this is amazing!

P#107473 2022-02-22 13:27

I reached around lvl 45, the lvl started SKYROCKETING going up to 137 before the white line caught me and I died. this happened within the span of 2 seconds. Also saw a room with a ton of baddies before I saw where I was again

Fantastic game btw, star and heart

P#107491 2022-02-22 18:54 ( Edited 2022-02-22 18:56)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 13:23:40 | 0.013s | Q:25