Here is something I've been working on since getting into PICO-8 this summer.
I wanted to share it before the end of the year...
It's Yet Another Commandline Tool for manipulating .p8 and other files.
Useful for batch scripting, theming the HTML player, reverting mistakes, etc.
It has a git-like syntax: picoknife [command] [file] [extra args]
As of this version 1.0 there are 8 commands:
- map to export a map image
- sheet to export a spritesheet image
- sprites to export individual sprite images
- label to export a label image
- setlabel to apply an image to a .p8 or .p8.png or the HTML player
- sethtml to modify the colors, icons, title, metadata of the HTML player
- colorimage to apply 16-color palette to an existing image file
- copy to duplicate a .p8 file with modifications
I will continue to add features. Currently only for Windows and Mac, sorry!
Downloads and README on GitHub:
The full HELP:
[Please log in to post a comment]