Can't download the files? From where?
1.4.4 will come after that playthrough is finished, it's so I can find problems!
You get Souls of Blight from Ocram, who is summoned with the "Sigil of Blight" that you can make with a Demonite Bar and 6 Rotten Chunks.
I can't add any more bosses, but there will be a new bullet that can go through enemies, kind of like a laser.
love this game also im a bit late but there is a problem the cursor isnt showing in the game like when i put my curson on the playing screen it doesn't show it it is still there but it is invisible and it makes it a bit hard to play if you know how to fix it could you tell me
love this game also im a bit late but there is a problem the cursor isn't showing in the game like when i put my cur son on the playing screen it doesn't show it it is still there but it is invisible and it makes it a bit hard to play if you know how to fix it could you tell me
1.4.4: The Quality Presentation Update (aka The Are We There Yet? Update)
- Added a boss health bar.
- Added the sun and moon to the sky, now you can tell roughly what the time is.
- Added particles for damaging mobs and breaking tiles.
- ( Suggestion: Yeggplant ) Added a new melee weapon, an upgrade for the Hermes Boots, and three new types of ammo. (8188 tokens)
- Two of these ammo items are piercing arrows and bullets.
- Underground and Caverns layers now have their own parallax backgrounds.
- Added new sounds for Flamethrower and Wand of Sparking, and picking up items.
- Most tools new have a speed multiplier on top of their base speed.
- The Demonite Pickaxe, for example, is now significantly faster!
- ( Suggestion: @lastofavari ) Added a menu option to mute the music.
- This persists across sessions.
- Adjusted physics for most normal enemies other than slimes to be more accurate/less janky.
- Fixed an issue where running out of a stack of items would cause the next slot to be used immediately, leading to unintentional block placement or consumable usage.
- Fixed an issue where changing items while using another item would cause the first item's swing animation to break.
- For example, changing items to a Minishark while using a Potion would previously cause the Potion to orbit the player rapidly.
- Fixed some major issues with the crafting system that caused it to allow crafting when it shouldn't have, also restoring the "need more materials" pop-up.
- For example, you could pick an item up, then any recipe using multiple items would not consume the held item. Single-item recipes would simply not craft the item.
- Same goes for holding the craft key: if it was a multi-ingredient recipe, it would just keep crafting as long as one of the items exists.
- World generation has been modified, and the transition between biomes is no longer a straight line. (These apply only to new worlds)
- Many other bugfixes and improvements!
- Fixed the hair colour icon always being green, regardless of the selected hair colour.
- The performance drops to 30fps while the player is standing around where the underground background starts. Performance returns to normal after going further underground.
Stat counts: 8192/8192 tokens, 40909/65535 chars, 99.96% compressed size.
I'm also working on a Terra-Edit cartridge, so you can create your own worlds (or pixel-art) similarly to T-Edit for Terraria. It will also have a couple of different options for world generation!
Expect that soon-ish.
Here's a little sneak-peek:
While yes, removing mouse support would free some space, I don't want to do that since many people (like me) prefer to play with mouse. (and might get a little angry about it being removed)
It wouldn't allow more items or enemies anyway, just a little more code space.
Soul of Blight is used to make the Cursed Forge, when combined with 4 Gold Bars.
After that, it can also be used to make a couple of new items if you fight Ocram more times.
Ty and I found a bug: if I walk and there are two back walls and blocks around, the back wall of the jungle moves with me.
Do you mean like this?
If so, that's intentional. It's called parallax scrolling, and is supposed to make the background seem further away.
If not, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mind posting a GIF of what you're seeing? (ctrl+8 to start and ctrl+9 to stop recording)
Ah, that's the underground background showing through the small gaps in natural walls and blocks.
It looks a little weird, but there's not really any way to make it better with the palette limitations.
Also, Shadow Orbs being unplaceable is definitely a bug, thanks.
Terra-Edit is now live!
This is an early version, there are a few bugs here and there, but I'm uploading it now so people have access to it.
Use the editor on its dedicated thread:
Or just here:
Oh wait that was actually a thing? I just went back and tried it on the last version. Apparently I fixed it by accident.
It was written on the wiki's trivia section and I was very confused because I could never get it to fire more than once every swing (which is still twice as fast as normal).
@cubee i have problem if i play on my rg353m console emulator i get this error -
runtime error line 85 tab 2
attempt to index local 'str' (a string value).
i have no idea on whats going on here but i realy want to figure this out bc. i love this demake
ps-im using the .p8.txt ver of the cart
I don't know if that console uses the real PICO-8 or the FAKE-08 emulator, but in the case of FAKE-08 I know it doesn't support some of the newer stuff that Terra uses yet. In this case, the specific feature is "string indexing" in case you want to look it up.
If it uses the regular PICO-8 then you would just need to update it to the latest version.
An alternative might be going back to an older version of Terra, but that would mean you don't get the newer stuff.
Ok, in that case, maybe try going through this link, and decrease the number a the end until you find one that loads?
Like this (1.4.1b):
To download, click the cart button in the corner and save the image (that .p8.png should work the same as the .p8 file)
That will get you older versions of Terra. What you were doing before is changing the cartridge version inside the file, which just tells PICO-8 if the cartridge was made in a newer version.
Maybe try going back to 1.4.1b (the second link), that was the last version before I used string indexing.
[Please log in to post a comment]