Follow
kerneliron
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #splash_zone-0 | 2022-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is game I made for a 72 hour game jam. The theme was "Seaside" and the limitation was "everything dies in one hit".

I tried making something with an one-on-one fighting game adjacent feel. With the one hit kill limitation I wanted to make something akin to a Bushido Blade or Divekick where it's all about getting that perfect hit.

It was my first time attempting a more complicated AI in Pico-8. I had some issues getting it to work well with the performance limitation and development time constraints. I had to do some quick and dirty fixes like making the opponent automatically dodge away if they get stuck on a wall. I think I got it to a playable state, even if it is a bit easy.

There is an in-game tutorial explaining the controls and mechanics.
I hope you enjoy it!

P#114496 2022-07-18 07:55

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #ssorbcart-0 | 2022-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi,

This is a game I made for a 72 hour Game Jam on itch. The theme of the game jam was "music" with the limitation being "gravity is under your control". People seemed to like it, so I thought I should post it here as well.

At each of the large planets there is an alien that sings a tune. By playing the tune correctly you earn a new ability that will help you get to other planets. If you complete all 4 songs you can finish the game by visiting the final large planet. There are also optional pick-ups to collect.

I actually have a handful of unpublished Pico-8 games as well, but I'll space them out so they get some room to breath and don't clog up the BBS.

EDIT: Here is some missing instructions about the music part. In music playing mode the arrow keys become music keys, with each of them representing one tone. If you hold X while in music mode, the arrow keys will shift up 4 tones to complete the octave. Whenever you press or release the X key the shift will wait for you to change which key you're pressing before shifting.

P#114201 2022-07-11 19:21 ( Edited 2022-07-12 05:40)