Follow
Conor
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #puzstelstorm-1 | 2023-12-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Puzstel Storm
A match-3 puzzle game featuring Pastel Storm and friends.

How to Play

Use the arrow keys to move the cursor and press Z to swap tiles.

Arrange the tiles to create matching groups of 3 or more.

After every 5th swap, the matching groups will break, awarding you 5 points per tile.

The remaining tiles will fall and new ones will enter from the top.

Chaining

If the falling tiles create a new matching group, a chain starts. A 2-chain is worth double points, and a 3-chain is triple points etc...

Egirls

Egirl tiles are worth 15 points each, so try to match them at the end of a chain for a huge score.

The first match in this chain scores +5 points per tile:

The second chain scores double, +10 per tile

The third chain scores triple, and egirls are 15 points each. 15 x 3 = 45 points per tile!

There is no time limit, instead there is a limited number of swaps per game, so take your time and plan your moves carefully.

You can play a short game with 50 swaps, or a longer game with 100 swaps.
The Score Attack 100 game includes rare tiles later in the game making it a little harder.

Here's an example of how to set up a long chain for a high score:

Update!
I added a new mode. In "caffeinated mode" there is a 3 minute time limit. You have unlimited moves, but the first match of a chain doesn't count, you have to trigger a 2-chain or more to score points.

P#122383 2022-12-14 10:17 ( Edited 2023-12-03 10:55)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #fajufupuze-0 | 2022-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, this is my first Pico-8 game. It's a remake of the Dreamcast game ChuChu Rocket. This is a multiplayer game, best played with 2 controllers. The game contains 16 levels.

I've tried to make the code easy to follow so others can examine it and learn the techniques.

Instructions

Use the arrow keys to move your cursor.
Press the O button and a direction to place an arrow on the grid. Mice and cats will follow the arrows.
Steer the mice into your rocket (the red or green circle), and steer the cats into your opponent's rocket.
Mice score 1 point, or 50 points for a gold mouse. Cats remove 1/3 of your total score.
The round ends after 3 minutes and then moves to a new random map.
The results of the previous 10 games are shown on the left.

Comments

I haven't included the pink mice which spawn random events and don't plan to. This was made as an exercise to learn Pico-8 and to have some easy-to-understand code to show to students learning Lua and Pico-8.

P#107471 2022-02-22 12:04 ( Edited 2022-02-22 12:16)