Follow
dansggg
[ :: Read More :: ]

https://www.lexaloffle.com/dl/docs/pico-8_manual.html#SSPR

Where it says...

"Stretch an rectangle of the sprite sheet (sx, sy, sw, sh) to a destination rectangle on the screen (sx, sy, dw, dh)."

...it should say "(dx, dy, dw, dh)" instead.

Although if you read the paragraph fast enough your brain probably autocorrects it, heh.

P#116377 2022-08-28 10:02

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #tictactoerush-1 | 2023-11-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tic-tac-toe with a twist!

Test your reflexes in a game of tic-tac-toe where time runs out faster and faster after each round! Challenge a friend or fight against a CPU that gets more intelligent with every move!

Instructions

• Move your cursor with the D-pad/arrow keys (E/S/D/F keys for player 2).
  • Mark your space with the Z/X keys (A/Q for player 2).
  • The faster you make your move, the more points you get. The bar in the bottom of the screen shows how much time you have left.
  • In VS CPU mode, the skill of the CPU opponent goes up with every round. The bar in the right side of the screen shows how good the AI has gotten.
  • In VS CPU mode, game's over when the CPU wins, or when the time runs out before you made a move.
  • In P1 VS P2 mode, game's over when one of the players gets three in a row, or when they fail to make a move before running out of time.
  • The higher your score, the better the rank you're awarded!

Fight your way to the S++ or PERFECT-MAX ranks! (is it even possible?)

Graphics

This game is mostly an excuse to explore making cool graphics on the PICO-8. Some of the graphical effects include:

• An arcade-style intro/attract screen.
  • Vector graphics for the title screen and game marks (X's and O's).
  • A couple of demoscene-like effects as game backdrop.
  • A funky text printing routine called "locoprint", used in the game over screen.

Notes

My first PICO-8 game! As many people have already discovered over the years, working on PICO-8 games is extremely rewarding and fun. Making a flashy, 16-bit arcade style title screen was my favorite part. Future improvements include adding a full-on attract mode with built-in tutorial. Sound and graphics seem to be more in sync when playing on a non-browser instance of PICO-8. Let me know what you think!

P#107343 2022-02-20 17:46 ( Edited 2023-11-10 10:25)