Follow
kinker31
Follow

jUMP in the cAAc

ye

Mr. Careful and the Collision Confusions
by kinker31

Cart #random_shape_test-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple little cart that draws 3 randomly sized/colo(u)red shapes every 60th of a frame, and plays a short little ditty while doing so. This was made in not-a-lot-of-time at all as a way of getting myself comfy with drawing shapes, _update60(), and stuff that isn't sprites and maps. Not much else to look at, really, unless you're a huge fan of surrealism.

P#81600 2020-09-08 10:25

Cart #careful_blob-3 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Figured it be a matter of time before I dipped my toes into this.

So, what I've got so far is a simple little map where you can move a little aiming receptacle in an area around a purple little blob named Mr. Careful, with a basic grass tileset and a few unimplemented stuff.

What I want to do is to find a way to make Mr. Careful collide with the ground and jump when either Z or X is pushed.

If you wanna figure it out, the code should be available on the cart.

EDIT/UPDATE: Already figured out the aiming, the only real help I need is the gravity and the collisions. The new aiming has replaced the old placeholder reticle aiming system, you can try it out for yourself.

UPDATE #2: I... kinda made a gravity/collision system? Kinda crap right now, but I just really wanna get something basic going so that I can figure out how to get him to jump in accordance to the aiming reticle. Also, improved graphycs!

P#81418 2020-09-01 09:57 ( Edited 2020-09-08 03:30)

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2020-10-19 21:01 | 0.101s | 4194k | Q:46