-

// PICO-CRATE //

-- controls

move: arrow keys

jump: z key

pickup / throw: x key

menu: enter / return

-

UPDATE: You can now win the game! It will keep track of your fastest completion time! Get speedrunning (:

-

Original Description:

Hello everyone! This is PICO-CRATE, a little project I have been working on for years at this point, although most of the work has been involved in porting the game to various engines, MonoGame and Godot to name a few. I have gone much further than this little prototype in the Godot game engine, but development never really tied up. Instead of releasing a jumbled mess of a project I created in Godot, I come back to this little PICO-8 prototype and feel that everything I want to express lies within this little cartridge. So here I am, releasing a build that has hardly been touched for over two years, letting go of this project that got away. I am very grateful for my experience working with this game, porting pico8's lua to C# with MonoGame, and making very most progress with Godot's GDScript. It has been a beautiful learning experience, to take something so simple and concise and reimagine the framework in a new language and environment. Everything I did to expand upon the game, I always thought back to this adorable little prototype created with love in such a beautiful little game engine. PICO-8 helped me refine my ideas into a tiny little package, and that's where this game shines the brightest, in a small little box with 16 colors and 128 pixels across the screen. Here I let go of what I've been holding onto all this time. My little creation. Thank you for playing! <3 <3 <3

P#95149 2021-07-21 19:08 ( Edited 2021-09-01 06:41)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 22:26:25 | 0.078s | Q:9