Follow
MadDev90
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hello everyone,

I am working on some test code for a game idea and it involved picking up one object at a time. Now my code functions properly for the most part but for some reason the p.detect won't trigger for the key but it will for the gun. And the key can't be placed on top of the gun (correct) but the gun can be placed on top of the key (not meant to happen).

If someone wouldn't mind taking a look for me, most of the code I'm currently working with in is the objects functions and the player functions.

The boolean values are:

p.detect
p.held
key.detect
key.held
gun.detect
gun.held

Cart #yonezijiko-0 | 2022-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#104678 2022-01-09 19:43

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on my second game, after the first one I did, a simple pong clone with semi-realistic physics. This game is called Cowboy Hardline and features a minimalist art design and cowboys dueling at noon action. You play as a western rogue facing off against a small handful of enemies, each increasing in difficulty.

Progress:

Art 80% (Enemy variations and background anims)

Code 85% (Gotta finish the levels code)

Sound 0% (Doing it last)

Oh and now for two things, extremely necessary flavor text and some screenshots:

Howdy Pardner!

Welcome to a rootin tootin hollarin good time here at the Old West!

We've got one of the finest gunslingers in all of the Wild West here, YOU, to take on the baddies makin a ruckus in the town saloon. Who can draw their six-shooter faster when it comes down to the line. Will it be you? Or will Billy the Goat have the last laugh? Find out in Cowboy Hardline!

[16x16]
[16x16]
[16x16]

Update#2: A playable alpha demo! Please let me know what you think.

Cart #cowboyhardline-3 | 2022-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#104047 2022-01-01 22:40 ( Edited 2022-01-02 21:43)

Cart #hadirufido-0 | 2021-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just release my first game, it's a simple one player pong clone but it's the one game I actually finished lol

P#101417 2021-12-04 04:07 ( Edited 2021-12-05 15:31)

Hey everyone!
I have an idea that could benefit a lot of newbies such as myself. The basic premise is to post a growing list of tiny ideas that range in complexity from simple to hard concepts. The reason I thing this is a great idea is for two main reasons. The first is that staring down a whole project while exciting and fun can be intimidating. The second reason is that when I was learning Python I found lists like these that taught me how to program. I always found this extremely useful and I think others will as well. It also teaches thinking like a game developer by breaking things down.

So my suggestions for making tiny ideas:

• Make statements randomly print (Beginner)
  • Draw a unique sprite and move it around (Beginner)
  • Create an effect in a function (Beginner)
  • Animate one object on repeat (Intermediate)

Looking forward to hearing other tiny ideas!

P#82377 2020-09-27 17:10 ( Edited 2020-09-27 17:14)