Follow
DjKniteX
[ :: Read More :: ]

Finally got my RPI working and somehow it looks okay on my CRT TV. I decided to get the Game Development with Pico-8 by Dylan Bennet printed like a magazine so I can mimic the way programmers and hobbyists were able to program like they were doing BASIC code from a Magazine. It turned out pretty good. Can't wait to work on my 2nd game in a retro style kind of way haha

All I need now is to find someone who can help me install a RPI into a commodore 64 keyboard.. or a keyboard in general

P#78168 2020-06-16 22:21

Hey guys, I'm trying to add Player 2 controls but it looks like it's not working for me. I'm trying to do btnp(S) and btnp(f) etc for 2nd player controls and that's not working.

Is there anything specific I have to write/do to enable two players?

P#70005 2019-11-18 04:22

Hi guys; just bought pico-8 to use for the Game Jam and have some questions;

I'm following the platformer tutorial from Nerdy Teacher and was able to get my own status screen as show in the picture;

*the fanzine code I'm looking at is so I can remember how to draw a rectangle

What it does now is that the camera follows the player so when you progress the map the previous tiles will disappear where the new ones will show up; but when this happens the status box I made disappears along with it. I tried pasting and copying the code within the camera code I copied but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way where I can have the status text just stay static or doesn't move? Or move along with me?

The tutorial that I'm following: https://nerdyteachers.com/Explain/Platformer/

P#69693 2019-11-06 23:30