Follow
greentiger
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #41974 | 2017-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Fixed Some Bugs in the latest 1.2 version of Skid Row Joe

*You can now work at Mc Dennys

*You can now work at Sunchucks

*You can now rent at Casa de Rata

Still working on a few other bugs and the manual.

Cart #41901 | 2017-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Updated Skid Row Joe with the following modifications:

*More starting money. You now start with $40 rather than $10.

*Less frequent cop and robbers.

Still working on the "can't ride the subway" problem. If anyone experiences it let me know. I'm having trouble recreating it on my end. Manual in the works.

Enjoy!

Cart #41796 | 2017-06-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is the first version (1.0) of SKID ROW JOE. You play a hobo and must first try to survive and then (if you want to) bring yourself up in the world. This game is based on what is possibly my favorite C64 game of all time called Rags to Riches. I tried to modernize the concept of that game and add my own flair to it. My version is no where near as elegant as the original so I present it to you as an homage. I am working on and will eventually post a manual that will make the game a little easier to play. For now here's the quick start version:

Up - go into a building
Down - pick up a bottle food or money
Right / Left - walk

Press (z) and (x) at the same time to save

There are four sides of town: North, South, East and West. You can walk everywhere or use the subway (it costs money). If you have a beard it means you're not clean cut and look (and smell) like a hobo. In this state you can't get a job, and the cops will arrest you for vagrancy if they catch you.
*Hint: there is a secret public restroom someplace where you can clean up for free. You can take Bottles you collect to RECYCLE SALLY for money. Be careful, theres an armed robber who will take any money not deposited in the bank.

Anyhow, you can figure most of the other stuff on your own, and I hope will enjoy doing so.
This is my first Pico 8 game (my first game for that matter) so it's far from perfect, but I had fun making it and I hope some people will enjoy playing and improving it.

P#41797 2017-06-19 22:15 ( Edited 2017-07-05 06:11)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 21:40:10 | 0.100s | Q:12