Follow
deerful
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #30829 | 2016-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mini platform game, which goes alongside my forthcoming 8-bit EP, Home (https://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/album/home-ep), and is also available with some extra content on a special limited-edition USB drive. Help Emma collect the tapes and records, and get home safely - and look out for John Jervis of label WIAIWYA, who released the Home EP. Features some exceptionally lo-fi versions of the songs from the EP as its soundtrack.

Home was based on Jelpi, by Zep.

P#30749 2016-10-12 11:51 ( Edited 2016-10-12 15:51)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hello!

I am currently working on a cart which will likely be distributed on a USB drive as 'extra content' for a music EP I'm writing. I am new to Lua (and to game dev, beyond Twine, in general) but getting on nicely with the development itself (using Jelpi as a platformer template which is fantastically helpful - thank you Zep!) but am currently having difficulty with the distribution side. I obviously want to use an HTML5 export so it can be run by people without the console, and have inlined the .js file into the HTML so it's a single file rather than a collection of two.

I would really like the shortcut to the HTML file to reliably have its own custom icon regardless of system or browser, and also wouldn't mind it opening in an 'unbranded' window rather than the default browser, for which I assume I need to use some kind of wrapper. I've tried AppJS, Fluid and NWJS, which all yield the same result: a page with background and buttons but no actual game showing up in the window. Has anyone managed to successfully wrap a PICO-8 game to give it a vaguely native feel?

Many thanks!

P#21549 2016-05-28 13:16 ( Edited 2016-05-31 12:10)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 04:27:22 | 0.066s | Q:9