Cart #serpent_scale-0 | 2023-12-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my submission to the Github Gameoff GameJam 2023, Theme was "Scale".

Itch.io Link: https://sadodare.itch.io/serpentscalequest

You're a Serpent whom is trying to join a group of others whom have proven their worth to the clan by completing a series of quests. In this game, you'll avoid obstacles while collecting "scales", balance weight by thinking ahead and being methodical, and get down get down. In the end, you'll unlock a level which is the series of challenges in an advanced difficulty.

Prove you're able to slither with the rest of them.

Controls: On PC, Controls are Arrow Keys and X. Pico references the use of O and X by default which are actually Z and X on keyboard, but my game only uses X and Arrows.

Happy playing!

P#138131 2023-12-02 08:17 ( Edited 2023-12-02 08:17)

First of all: Congrats on finishing and taking part in the Jam! Best of luck to you. And smart way of implementing the theme!
I like the varied games to managed to cram in there, but boy they are hard. The fire snake game is very hard, the changing speed of the snake makes it hard to get a feel for the controls, same for the water game. The dance dance revolution air game would not accept all of my inputs and got too fast for the casual Jam game player. The scale game needs some more explanation. The concepts are great, but they need some finetuning. Nonetheless, in game jams time is tight, respect on finishing your game! Would have loved to try the final challenge.

P#138136 2023-12-02 10:39 ( Edited 2023-12-02 10:40)

Thank you for trying it out, @taxicomics !

I completely agree with you on basically all your points.
Something I wanted to do but didn't have the time: I was going to implement a demo mode button to basically halve the difficulty. I think that would have made things more playable for the jam but that's a big change at this point and likely against rules.

I'll probably add that after the jam. Maybe I'll just mention that on the description page or comment, "future builds post jam" , so if anyone is interested they can save it.

Thanks again.

P#138142 2023-12-02 14:16 ( Edited 2023-12-02 14:23)

[Please log in to post a comment]