Hello world. I'm a new born here. I got an rgb30 handheld with only system sd card. I purchased pico-8 and followed the install guide in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzsOyqgJtcI
So when I started the machine and came into the pico-8 catalogue, there are "carts" folder and one "Splore" option. I choose "Splore" and go into a console interface with error info as title of this thread:
"could not load /storage/roms/pico-8/splore.png"

I thought splore is just a command option of pico-8 and there should not be sth like splore.png. Could someone give me an explaination or clue? Thanks in advance.

P#136310 2023-10-24 06:34

it’s correct that splore is a command-line option, not a cart, but the thing is that (most) emulation frontends only show lists of games (maching the configured directories and/or filename patterns), and then run the emulator program for you. so it’s common to have to configure a normal emulator (with a command like pico8 -run $FILE), and a second command specific for the file _splore.png (i.e. pico8 -splore)

I tried to find instructions for splore in your video but didn’t find it – do you have a timestamp link?

P#136380 2023-10-25 16:45

[Please log in to post a comment]