Hello! I recently downloaded Pico 8 on my windows 10. The interface works fine, but when I try to actually run my game, all I get is a black screen. I have made sprites and have even made a simple scene in the scene editor, but nothing shows up. The command prompt returns if I hit esc, but no game. I'm not sure what to do.

I did read a couple troubleshooting questions of people with the same issue, and the responses said to download the raspberry pi version and move some files over to the current OS's install, but I tried that and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Here is my script for my test game, in case something in there is responsible:

Edit: Definitely not just my code. Running the included demos also results in black screen.

P#130482 2023-06-03 21:16 ( Edited 2023-06-03 22:07)

Alright. It looks like I misunderstood the syntax of the run command, and thought you could enter run <filename>, but it looks like it runs whatever file is currently open. I thought I was opening the demos, but was actually still running my own file. The demos do work, and a simpler program I made does render a sprite to the screen.

Consider this resolved.

P#130511 2023-06-04 18:27

you are right: the run command does not take parameters (and there is no error message if you pass one), and it needs to be preceded by load <something>. official docs: https://www.lexaloffle.com/dl/docs/pico-8_manual.html#_Example_Cartridges

P#130519 2023-06-05 00:44

[Please log in to post a comment]