This is a utility to create animations in pico 8.
Here are some gifs to explain how to use it:
- You can press the 'transp' button to change the transparency project. This will also become the background.
- After selecting an animation, you will enter the frame editor. You can select a sprite to include in your animation by holding 'a' and clicking the screen. The project starts with a sprite sheet made of random shapes that can be combined but you are can drag a sprite sheet png into the project to use that one instead.
- If you press 's' and click the screen, you will go to the snip manager. Snips are chunks of the sprite sheet smaller than 8x8 that you can create and include in your animation. Creating a snip in one animation will make it available in others too
- If you press 'd' and click the screen, you will go to the group manager. Groups are collections of sprite images and snips that you would like to treat as a group. A group cannot use another group inside o it though.
- You can copy the current frame using the copy button in the bottom left of the frame editor screen. You can quickly change frames with the 1 and 2 keys. Pressing 'f' and clicking the screen will go to the frame manager, where you can adjust the order of frames, delete frames, and create new non-copy frames.
- You can export the the animation info from the entry screen by pressing the 'exp' button, which should copy it to the clipboard. You can save it in a text file and restore the state of your program by dragging that file into the program. Note: this does not include your sprite sheet data, just the info about each frame. You will have to redrag your sprite sheet into the program
P#123636 2023-01-04 06:16
Here is an example of exported animation being used in a game: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=50908
P#123640 2023-01-04 08:44
[Please log in to post a comment]