Cart #yerp17-2 | 2022-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A fan game celebrating Deathloop's 1st anniversary, but I haven't finished playing Deathloop yet... so... Another Prey fan game!

YU are a mimic today... and don't get caught! Mimic a mug to disguise from the researcher's eyesight (white), but be careful if they use a psychoscope (blue)!

Controls:

Arrow keys: move mimic

X: start game

Z: mimic a mug (can avoid being found by white triangle)

Change log v0.1

• Rebalancing difficulty

• Add in-game tutorial
P#117269 2022-09-12 13:21 ( Edited 2022-09-13 07:49)

OKAY the instructions are not definite, @yulotomorrow. Here is how it's done.

Use arrow keys to navigate your ship. Tap the 🅾️ key to turn into a frosty mug of beer. Then you can get past white lines. Notice the above where you have limited time to being transformed to a mug.

And it takes time to recharge where you are vulnerable.

NEVER touch the blue lines. Even if you are a mug of beer you will still suffer getting hit.

Stay alive as long as you can, your score is the number of seconds you have remained on the screen.

. . .

I'm not sure if the game gets any harder during play. I managed to rack up 218 points before quitting.

Might be interesting to have triangles of different colors and when you press 🅾️ you get to select what color you can safely pass through. Could have levels of play, 15 in all.

Press ❎ any time to select a new color that is accepted by the matching color triangles. You still have the powerdown and powerup effect.

Get double-points when you are not incognito.

Start with only one color at level 1. You must be incognito to get past them.
Level 2 you have 2-colored triangles appearing and growing. You must choose the color to pass through understanding you cannot pass through the other while the powerdown and powerup are occurring.

Level 15 you could have 15-different colors of triangles to try and avoid. Choose the color you want and then dodge the rest or press ❎ to rapidly change color to match the incoming vector.

P#117322 2022-09-12 23:00 ( Edited 2022-09-12 23:22)

@dw817 Thank you for your detailed feedback and suggestions! The in-game tutorial section is added, and in the latest version I also rebalanced the game a bit. Your idea is very interesting! But that's not what I want to present in the game, thank you anyway!

P#117341 2022-09-13 07:54

Sure thing, @yulotomorrow. If there is one thing I am good at is overcomplicating things. Simplifying ? My brain is just not there sometimes. :)

Gold star work in any case, well done !

P#117374 2022-09-13 16:30

[Please log in to post a comment]