Cart #bopewasadi-0 | 2022-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a pico-8 version of the game Forts (I recommend playing the actual game, which is on steam). This version is fully playable (2 player local multiplayer), but the UI and controls aren't the greatest, and there are probably (definitely) some bugs. Please help me make this game better as this is the first game I have ever published. I will now do my best to explain how to play:

General Controls:
Move the selector with the arrow keys
Press X to open/close the inventory
Press X while hovering over an item/button in the inventory to select it
Once you have selected your item, press Z to place it on your side of the map

Turn Based Explanation:
Every turn you get 2 gold, +1 for each Money Tree
Your gold can never be higher than your max gold (4 gold, +3 for each Pot of Gold)
Pressing the End Turn button (To do this, press X while selecting it in the inventory screen) ends the current player's turn, control of the keyboard should be given to the other player

What the Items Do:
Vertical wood beams support horizontal wood beams and block bullets, they cost 1 gold
Horizontal wood beams support devices and weapons, they cost 1 gold
The Pot of Gold (gold storage) increases your max gold by 3, it costs 2 gold
The Money Tree (gold producer) gives you an extra 1 gold per turn, it costs 3 gold
The Single Gun can be shot once every turn except for the turn that it is placed, it costs 4 gold
The Double Gun can be shot twice every turn except for the turn that it is placed, it costs 5 gold

Shooting:
While in the inventory screen, press X while the selector is over the "Shoot Yer Guns" button
Once the "Shoot Yer Guns" button is selected, press Z while the selector is over a LOADED gun that you want to shoot
A gun is loaded if it has one/two grey bullets in front of it, if it has no bullets then it cannot shoot until the next turn
When a gun is shot, the "bullet" will travel in a straight line towards your opponent's base and destroy the first thing it hits. It passes through your own base harmlessly
The double gun can only be "shot" once, but it will shoot 2 bullets when it is shot (you can't shoot its bullets one at a time)

P#104269 2022-01-04 14:11

about yoyorobert: bruh did u know about forts before???
but anyways, very cool game, love the fact about the coin cap, very similar to the material cap in Forts(TM) if i have to say add a boolet sprite please

P#105742 2022-01-27 11:37

[Please log in to post a comment]