The Pacifist is an attempt at cloning Geometry Wars' Pacifism Mode and create my own spin on the concept.
- Added a menu option to disable the physics-based background grid for slower devices.
- Re-arranged enemy physics to make them more bouncy. As a result, it can be a bit easier, but I think it's for the better.
- Added a physics-based background grid to make things more dynamic. The physics engine was made by aatish (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=84525)
- Fixed the GateUp powerup. Now, you are limited to 3 stacks of this powerup.
- Made the pink and orange enemies more aggressive
- The Slow Pink powerup was removed
- Added visual and audio feedback when catching a powerup
- Expanded the play field to 192x192 instead of 128x128. It drastically changes the balance of the game so I'm still not sure if that's what I want.
- To counter-balance the first point, I changed the spawn rate of enemies. The pink one is less lethal so I'll try to balance it in the future.
- Added 5 types of powerups that spawn randomly every 45 seconds
- Extended the song
- Cleaned up the UI
- Removed the fake background scroll because it became very weird with the real scrolling field.
- Fixed the score limit. Now the theoretical limit is 999,999,999 points, although the display will probably be broken at that point.
- Fixed a very minor sound problem when killing enemies
- Small refactoring
- Nothing added, simply a refactoring because the code was getting messy and hard to work with.
- Initial version here. To learn to play, look for the "How to play" section below.
How to play
The goal is to pass through gates when there are enemies in the circle around it. Each enemy killed that way raises the multiplier and gives points.
There are three lives, represented by the condition of the ship. The darker the ship, the less lives you have left.
You can use your Dimensional Shift to wipe the screen of everything when you feel like you are about to die. The Shift then needs to be recharged, represented by the blue bar at the bottom.
- The player rotation is not working well when moving diagonally.
- Add more power-ups
- Add debuffs (maybe)
- Adjust difficulty
- Adjust, adjust and adjust to optimize the fun and make it rewarding
[Please log in to post a comment]