You wish to become one with the void, but you're running out of time—you need to fall through the gaps on each floor and make it to the void before it closes. The deeper you go the sooner the void closes and the path becomes more challenging, but fortunately you'll have some power ups along the way. The goal of the game is to get to the deepest level as the void has no end.
⬅️➡️ - Movement
❎ - Jump/Start/retry
- The void is rife with randomness—no two levels are the same!
- Spiffy sound effects, they'll never get old
- High score tracking, your PB is displayed on the start screen
- Normal (grey) — Fall at regular speed
- Fast (green) — Fall fast then move
- Slow (purple) — Fall slow then move slow, less so if you jump in
When falling from one gap if you go through another that will speed your fall and give you a speed boost on landing!
- Key — Get all the keys on the floor to unlock the gaps
- Time extend — The void lingers a little longer
As you wish to travel light you can only hold one power–up a time, but fortunately they aren't uncommon in your journey.
- Warp — Walls lose all meaning
- Grav Belt — More jumps and improved slow descents
- Speed shoes — Move faster, stop slower
- Launcher — Gives you boost … back up a floor
- Bouncer — Gives you a little push
This is an entry for the inaugural Eggplant Community Game Jam where the theme is "Going Into The Void".
This is the first game I've completed and released, I hope you enjoy it!
A big thank you to the Eggplant Show community who inspired me to start with and have given great feedback along the way.
[Please log in to post a comment]