A one player bat and ball game in 560 bytes (by Pico-8's count).
(The code is of course not particulary readable or maintainable. A note of caution for people new to coding, this isn't a code style to emulate when you're starting out, and is done only to make the code size small.)
I'm reluctant to call it a Pong clone (in the exact in every detail sense) or remake because it doesn't try to look exactly like a previous version of Pong (or rather, I know some coders go a lot further in getting their carts to look and play exactly like one or another version), although it is of course derivative of Pong.
You are the right hand player; you control your bat with the up and down cursor-keys/d-pad-buttons.
- AI bat as second (left) player
- Random starting direction for ball
- Increasing ball speed after a number of bounces
- Bat speed increases with ball speed
- Limiter on AI bat speed so it is beatable
- Score display
- First to 3, wins
- Pauses at announcement of winner
- New game after winner announcement after non-d-pad button press
All in 560 bytes.
I don't code tweet(tweet)carts (a. I don't tweet. b. I add features. c. I like more readable code) but I decided to code a couple as a coding exercise.
(I keep thinking I've overlooked something. Let me know if I have. Thanks!)
[Please log in to post a comment]