Cart #pasopeencurve-0 | 2019-03-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Background

This is my first PICO-8 game, I decided to make a version of the game called 'Achtung die kurve', or 'Curve fever'. Pas op, een curve means 'watch out, a curve'. This is a two-player version. The collision detection is based on detecting previously coloured pixels right in front of your curve. It has a bug where under some angle the detection fails sometimes (rarely). The game keeps track of your scores.

Controls

Blue player: 'z' and 'x'
Red player: left and right arrow keys

I currently couldn't test with a controller yet, but you are free to add support.

I hope someone will have fun with this.

P#62924 2019-03-21 07:14

It might interest you to know that PICO-8 supports multiplayer input! It supports up to 8 separate gamepad inputs, the first 2 of which are emulated on keyboard; by default the second player's input is mapped to SDFE + tab/Q on keyboard.

Take a look at the manual, but all you have to do is pass the player number (0-7) as a second parameter to the btn function, and then both players could use their respective left/right buttons, for example. That one small change would make it possible to play this using two separate gamepads (and still possible to play on one keyboard) ...though in a way it might be fun to try to have two people share one gamepad :P

P#62939 2019-03-21 18:21 ( Edited 2019-03-21 18:21)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 00:56:47 | 0.015s | Q:14