Hey, everyone! I'm a hobbyist developer who finds the concept of a "fantasy console" pretty interesting, so I made a little demo based on this game I made for a programming competition for CodeWalrus, which I also remade into an Atari 2600 game. I hope it looks and plays alright!
- Added obstacles
- Added a score
- Added a splash screen, with a nice fade-in
- Added a rest period before starting the game (press X to actually start)
I plan to add a title screen soon, with a selection between at least two different modes. Also, the obstacle probabilities might need to be tweaked...
What's going to be the function of the hourglass? This will be revealed in time...
This is a pretty big update. Other than high-score saving and more complete pre-game instructions, this game is almost fully complete.
Quick explanation of the different modes:
- Easy: Running into a spike mine makes you lose your wings and ends your game, and fish give you 10 points each.
- Normal: Same as Easy, except the obstacles sometimes move in a wave-like pattern.
- Hard: At the top, there is a bar indicating how much time is left until you die. You must push back the clock as much as possible in order to stay alive. Running into a spike mine makes you lose a bit of time, fish give you 10 points and a bit more time, clocks refill your time bar, and hourglasses stop time from decreasing for a short while.
[Please log in to post a comment]