Cart #fractured_rogue_wip-7 | 2019-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a roguelite I've been working on for a bit, and it's almost completed! It takes place in a universe that is being fractured, you must survive 10 areas and waves of enemies to hop through portals until you reach a place that is protected.

Features include:
-destructible walls
-environmental hazards (fires, water, spider webs, pits)
-25 enemies (some with special abilities)
-17 items/spells
-3 basic player classes (with 2 clothing styles and 8 different pallets).

Portals will appear that will take you to the next area. Enemy portals will pop up after a while, spawning more enemies as the area becomes more fractured, forcing you to move on. Pick up potions and new skills that will help you survive and go through 10 areas.

Z - Open / Close Menu , Cancel
X - Wait 1 Turn , Select menu option
Arrow keys - move , Attack (when moving into enemies)

Let me know what you think!

Todo:

• Better music
  • Additional polish?
P#60424 2018-12-29 15:22 ( Edited 2019-01-31 01:17)

This is really neat so far, and the ability to break walls is a handy feature. Good job, keep working on it! How much space do you have left? Just curious.
One thing though. The text output of what is happening is confusing for me, as it adds the new line at the top, when usually games like this scroll downward. Nothing big, just a bit confusing at first.

Death Hit you 57 DMG. You Died
Wow.

P#60481 2019-01-01 15:14 ( Edited 2019-01-01 15:21)

Thanks for the feedback! I changed the message order to keep with convention. Yeah, Death pretty much has to be avoided (he has one or two weaknesses). In my new version, I made the enemy hp display show the 3 closest enemies, not just the ones that are right next to you. This should help you realize how dangerous enemies are before you face them.

Just uploaded a new version with a lot of more features / fixes! I've been messing around with the memory to make everything fit. I definitely want to polish the game a little more (especially the audio), and maybe try to include one or two more things.

I've also experimenting with the graphics a little bit to give it a little more flavor. Not fully sure what I'll end up with.

P#60556 2019-01-04 03:11

I like it so far! I just won for the first time. I like that you added a good spread of items and spells to find.

P#60604 2019-01-05 20:35

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-12-12 03:48 | 0.024s | 4194k | Q:32