Available for download on itch
Jump King with an SMW core, taking heavy influence from hacks- 32 screens of tightly packed high-stakes precision platforming. First completion is ~6-8 hours; my own personal best is 32 minutes.
If you beat the game, shoot me a message:
Twitter | Discord: .garbo
Thanks for playing!
Left/Right - Walk
Z - Jump
Up/Down - Modulate Swimming
- Balance adjustments
- Area 1 and Area 5 are generally less punishing (lightning intervals are shorter)
- The notorious Area 2 ceiling water jump has been nerfed again (shorter jump), hopefully for good this time.
- Graphical adjustments
- Sprite updates for a few tiles
- Adjusted color fade ramps
- Sound adjustments
- Added ambient sound to Areas 3, 4, and 5
- Cloud platforms/tiles now have a unique landing sound (previously snow/default.)
- Numerous balance adjustments to Area 2
- Additions to the stats display
- Timer tracks milliseconds
- Shows maximum height reached
- Jumps are no longer eaten on the first frame of touching a slope
- Minor slope interaction tweak/fix
- Minor graphics tweaks
Likely the final major update. Hit exactly 8192!
- Slopes are generally friendlier
- The player now only slips on 45-degree slopes if less than half of them is touching the ground.
- Solid tiles below slopes now behave the same regardless of the direction you approach them from- this makes a couple jumps slightly easier
- Minor tile adjustments in Area 5
- Minor background tile adjustments in multiple areas
- Minor graphical adjustments (leaves are less ugly)
- Made a couple maneuvers in Area 2 easier
- Fixed stun being prevented when hitting a slope
- Fixed a stray tile in Area 1
- Slightly modified the "stuck in snow" sprite
- Re-fixed a sound effect playing repeatedly while stunned on a falling platform
- Fixed unintended collisions with the spiked balls in Area 4
- Fixed a stray background tile in Area 4
[Please log in to post a comment]